Domestic sewing machines
We pride ourselves on our professional service which is consistently client focused.
Here at Konsew we can service and repair all makes of sewing machines and overlocks including:
Brother, Juki, Janome, Elna, Singer, Frister and Rossmann, Pffaf and Bernina sewing machines.
The technical differences between the "home studio", the professional studio
Domestic sewing machines and the large sewing industry are predominantly in the volume of production. The same clothing patterns can be created here with the same set of parts and, accordingly, processing operations. Only the quantity of products determines the number of sewing equipment and its features. However, this is your choice: to buy a domestic sewing machine or industrial sewing machine.
What is the difference between industrial and domestic sewing machines
- Price. A domestic sewing machine is cheaper than industrial, because of the functionality of them.
- Functions. Modern machines are quite versatile for all types of fabric used in everyday life but are designed to work with light and medium fabrics (by mass density).
- Operations. Modern household sewing machines have the ability to perform various rows and functions, including loosening of loops, decorative and knitting stitches, zigzags, fasteners, etc. An industrial sewing machine is designed to perform 1 operation (with a rare exception.
- Speed. Sewing on a household machine, on average up to 800 stitches per minute. The speed of sewing an industrial machine can reach 8,000 and 12,000 stitches per minute, but more machines have a speed of 2000 to 5000 stitches per minute.
- Materials. Because of the high load, an industrial sewing machine cannot have a plastic case, plastic gears, aluminum levers and other similar parts used in the design of household sewing machines.
- Electric drive. Domestic sewing machines have a collector (brush) electric drive of not more than 100 watts operating in a repeatedly short-term mode. In modern industrial sewing machines, various electric drives are used: friction, induction, asynchronous, electronic, servo and other drives, having power from 200 to 1000 Watts and able to work around the clock without stopping.
- Grease. In sewing machines, drip lubrication of knots and aggregates is used. Now the system of "dry" lubrication, calculated for a certain time of trouble-free operation, is becoming increasingly popular. In industrial sewing machines, special lubrication systems are used.
- Operation time. Modern sewing machines are designed to work for about 7 years, provided that they are used at home for no more than 1 hour a day. Modern industrial sewing machines are designed for work for about 10 years under the condition of round-the-clock application.
The main parameter that is worth paying attention to when choosing is the power of the unit, which determines the puncture force, as well as the type of the shuttle. The basic criteria for selection will be: the material of the body and the parts used, the puncture force will become clear to you, after determining the power of the unit, sewing speed, and foot pressure on the fabric surface, hook type, and stitch types, “automatic” or “semi-automatic” loop. It is very important to determine which fabric you will work with, since most models can easily cope with light costume and knit fabrics, and you may have problems with working with denser fabrics. Always pay attention to what is included in the package of your chosen model. As a rule, most often it consists of interchangeable legs and a set of needles.
Classification of domestic sewing machines
Domestic sewing machines can be:
- Mechanical machine.
- Electromechanical machine.
- Electronic machine.
- Computerized machine
- Sewing and embroidery machine
We offer you a good selection of machines in our store on the site https://konsew.com and there you will be able to get acquainted with such models as:
- Bernina Minimatic 807 Sewing Machine with Pedal & HardCase,
- Janome CoverPro 2000 CPX Coverstitch Machine,
- Bernina 807 Heavy Duty Sewing Machine In Excellent Condition,
- Bernina 1015 Heavy Duty Sewing Machine In Excellent Condition.
The price of a domestic sewing machine ranges from 190 £ to 500 £.
- United Kingdom
- Czech Republic
- Republic Of Ireland