Sewing machine needles
- Groz Beckert industrial needles
- Schmertz industrial needles
- Ballpoint needles
- Leather point needles
- Regular point needles
- Titanium coated
- 134R, DPx5 Industrial needles
- 135x17, DPx17 Industrial needles
- 16x231, DBx1 Industrial needles
- B27, DCx27 Industrial overlock needles
- UY128GAS Industrial coverstitch machine needles
- 130/705 H Schmetz domestic needles
Currently, there are many sewing machines types, which differ in a variety of parameters. Thus, wrong needle choice is fraught not with only its breakage, but also inadequate stitching quality, fabric damage. In this article, we'll look at the main criteria.
⭐Sewing machine needles classification
For fabrics of various density, the diameter of the different needles is used.
Accordingly, sewing needles for the sewing machine are divided into three main groups:
- Light includes 60 (8), 70 (10), 80 (12) and is intended for cotton, silk and synthetic fabrics like crepe de Chine, batiste, gauze, tricot.
- Medium contains 80 (12), 90 (14) and 100 (16) are used for standard thickness materials - flax, cotton, twill, percale, knitwear.
- Heavy comprises numbers: 100 (16), 110 (18), 120 (19) are for tick, tweed, gabardine, drapery fabrics, reps processing.
The second number in the brackets also indicates diameter, but only in hundredths of an inch. For each number of needle, there is intended certain thickness thread, which is also labelled.
There is a close connection between the needle points and textiles: it penetrates between the fibres, connecting it:
- Ballpoint is the best for a stretchy fabric.
- Regular point is most popular and widely used for any regular fabric.
- Leather Point is sharp and consigned for leather and suede products. It's not used for fabric.
In order for the machine to do perfect stitches, you should correctly choose type, point, and thickness of the needle.
The shapes of the sewing needle shanks
The shank is an important part of the needle. It has round and flat sides.
But, the shank can be totally round: it’s designed for use in professional machines.
For domestic machines applying the only needles with a plane shank.
The discrepancy in the needle, thread, shank parameters leads to a quality seam decrease and other problems.
⭐What do size numbers of industrial sewing machine needles mean?
Each needle has a specific marking, that consists of numbers and letters. The first determines a thickness, expressed in hundredths of a millimetre, the second - sharpening.
It should be selected in accordance with the material type.
- Type H, universal. The size: 60-110; rounded tip. Apply for simple fabrics.
- Type H-J. The size: 100-110; sharp edge. Using while sewing thick fabrics such as denim, leather or tarpaulin.
- Type H-M. The smallest sizes; thin, sharp. It’s used while stitching products from a micro-fibrous and thin material (taffeta, silk, etc.).
Each needle has its own specific label, which is an excellent source of the necessary information. Thanks to it, the user can independently find a suitable one!
⭐What brands are the best needles manufacturers for industrial and domestic machines?
German industrial sewing machine needles of Groz-Beckert and SCHMETZ are the most lasting and durable. High quality and long service life are connected with titanium nitride coating, protecting against breakages. These companies are constantly working on updating the sewing machine needles range and put them up for sale around the world and also in the UK.
⭐What is the assortment of sewing needles for sewing machine in our store?
In our online store, there are presented two good sewing needles manufacturers - Groz-Beckert and SCHMETZ. These two companies produce high-quality needles from a materials variety, as well as special applications.
Pay attention, that all products in "Konsew" have a good commercial price!
Buy your ideal set of sewing machine needles!
- United Kingdom
- Czech Republic
- Republic Of Ireland